27 December 2007

My Top 20 Answers to the Toughest Question

If you're like me (and if you are, I really feel sorry for you), you tend to freak people out when they ask you what your favorite beer is. They're freaked out because they're expecting you to spout out one beer real quickly. You're freaked out because it's just too damn tough of a question, and as you try to explain to them why choosing between Optimator and Dark Lord is tough, their eyes glaze over. Quite honestly, I hate getting asked this question because I just can't give you that quick answer, and my list always changes with the more beers I try.

So I never have to answer the question again, here is my Top 20 favorites. They're listed in no particular order, because it's so tough to rank them. I did notice that my list is heavily American, with the Good Ole' U S of A making 15 of them, with 7 of those coming from Indiana breweries. The styles are all over the board, too. I've always considered myself to be a dark and malty beer drinker, but there are a whole lot of hoppy beers on here, too. So with no further ado, my Top 20:

Optimator (Spaten)
Trois Pistoles (Unibroue)
La Fin Du Monde (Unibroue)
Winter Warmer (Upland)
Dark Lord (3 Floyds)
Alpha Klaus (3Floyds)
Alpha King (3 Floyds)
Gumballhead (3 Floyds)
Two Hearted Ale (Bell's)
Oberon (Bell's)
Racer 5 IPA (Bear Republic)
Big Bear Black Stout (Bear Republic)
Hoptimus (New Albanian)
90 Minute (Dogfish Head)
The Black (Brugge)
Hop Juice (Two Brothers)
Delirium Nocturnum (Brouwerij Huyghe)
Delirium Noel (Brouwerij Huyghe)
Delirium Tremens (Brouwerij Huyghe)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome that Racer 5 is on your list! My wife and I have been to Bear Republic twice out in CA and love their beers. Too bad they don't distribute their Racer X...

    While at my parent's house in Rochester, NY, I found Racer 5 bombers and bought a bunch. Also grabbed one Big Bear Black Stout. Unless I'm mistaken, they're not distributed in Indy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a fantastic brewery. Healdsburg is a great little town, too.

    Yeah, I get my bombers in Chicago. They don't distribute anywhere in Indiana, but they do in Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio (not in Michigan). Actually, they have a pretty heavy distribution in most of the Midwest and East Coast. Just like Indiana to be lagging behind . . . (what's going on here World Class & Cavalier??)

    ReplyDelete