08 August 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, HBG (only 20 more til you're legal)!!

It's hard to believe everything that has happened to this blog since I started it one year ago today. I think I had played hookey from work that day, and was bored, and thought, "Hey! I love beer! I should blog about beer!" And it all began with the following words:

"Welcome, fellow beer geeks! I've decided to create this blog to advance the good taste of beer drinkers everywhere! Headquartered in the Circle City, we will strive to educate the masses on what good beer really is! Or, we can just say screw all the "Lite" piss drinkers, and keep the good stuff for ourselves!"

I've made some great new friends this year, especially my fellow Knights of the Beer Roundtable, and that has been the best part of this. Well, that, and occasionally getting free beer. It's a toss-up between those two things. And it's been really cool watching it transform from its original form to the kick-ass layout that Mike does for us, and hearing all the other ideas we're coming up with daily. And it makes me laugh to think of all the media coverage this thing gets.

Now, as I'm sure we'll do many times tomorrow night at the official birthday/anniversary/bar mitzvah/whatever party that I hope you'll join us at, I raise my bottle of brew (which happens to be a Goose Island Honker's Ale - first thing I pulled out of my beer fridge) to you, Hoosier Beer Geeks, and say thanks for all the fun that this first year has brought, and let's look forward to many more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Great job last night. It was my first HBG event, and I met some really great people and drank some really great beer. What more could I ask for? I will be showing up for more events.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete